    SubjectRe: Linux should better cope with power failure
    > > You probably haven't tried to use sync or you would have noticed the
    > > performace penalty. I think nobody really considers sync an alternative.
    > >
    > > O. Wyss
    > You can't have the best of everything. There are tradeoffs. A viable option is > a journaled filesystem. Linux boasts a few, two of which are at your fingertips > by way of config options. Read up on JFS or ReiserFS.
    How about the following solution: During high activity _any_ FS is
    treated as if it were mounted asynch, during low/no activity it's
    treaded as synch. This simple solution certainly will be acceptable for anyone.

    O. Wyss

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.047 / U:16.412 seconds]