SubjectRe: Incorrect mdelay() results on Power Managed Machines x86
From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>

> > On the ThinkPad 600E (at least), we get a Power Status Change APM event.
>
> Any reason we couldn't recalibrate the bogomips on a power status change,
> at least for laptops we know appear to need it (I can make the DMI code look
> for matches there..)

No reason at all ... I'll have a look. I don't have my ThinkPad any more
(as of yesterday) so someone will have to supply the DMI info to match.
I will add another field to the apm_info structure that the DMI code can set
and then just test for it in the APM event loop.

Note, however, that there will still be a latency of up to a second
before we discover this situation as that is how often we poll the
BIOS for events.

Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.028 / U:0.212 seconds]