SubjectRe: Only 10 MB/sec with via 82c686b chipset?
On 20 Mar, SodaPop wrote:

> I have an IWill KK-266R motherboard with an athlon-c 1200
> processor in it, and for the life of me I can't get more than
> 10 MB/sec through the on-board ide controller. Yes, all the
> appropriate support is turned on in the kernel to enable dma
> and specific chipset support, and yes, I think I have all
> relevant patches and a reasonable kernel.

Yes, actually I'm seeing the same on a KT133 board from Elitegroup.
Although here I get a bit more: 15 MB/s

> I noted a number of other interesting things; one, that -X33,
> -X34, and -X64 through -X69 all have the same 10 MB/sec transfer
> rate, and two, that the 10 MB/sec transfer rate can be linearly
> increased to 12 MB/sec by raising the system bus from 100 mhz to
> 120 mhz (all components are safely rated at 133, no overclocking
> involved.)

Duh, before making such a claim you should consider the fact that
this is overclocking your PCI/AGP bus and I have yet to see any
graphic cards/IDE controllers/other devices which are rated for
37MHz PCI bus speed.

--

Servus,
Daniel