    SubjectRE: APIC usb MPS 1.4 and the 2.4.2 kernel
    :: AFAIK, the option to compile w/o APIC is only for UP systems.  If you
    :: want to use both of your processors, you have to compile in APIC
    :: support, but just disable it when loading the kernel (ie. for lilo,
    :: 'append="noapic"')

    I haven't seen the beginning of the APIC/VIA/Tyan thread, but isn't there a
    way to check if the APIC's OK, instead of resorting to workarounds like the

    :: That would explain why it works for me. Now, if only I didn't have
    :: devices that need to have their BIOSes upgraded via a Windows .exe...

    That's a good point, actually. I can't recall a single BIOS or device BIOS
    flasher that works under anything but DOS (or in some cases, Windows). Is
    there any work being done on this for Linux?

    -- Juha

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.023 / U:0.032 seconds]