    SubjectRe: APIC usb MPS 1.4 and the 2.4.2 kernel
    Pete Toscano wrote:
    > Very interesting. I had not heard about this. Are there any SMP boards
    > with a VIA chipset that does work well with Linux and USB? I have an
    > old P2B-DS that I had replace with this board as I needed more PCI
    > slots. Heck, for that matter are there any SMP boards that work well
    > with Linux and USB that have six or more PCI slots?

    Well, I use an old SuperMicro ( ) P6DNH
    board. It has 8 PCI slots, 3 ISA slots, an I960 I2O processor (four of
    the PCI slots are on a secondary bus), and supports dual Pentium Pro
    CPUs and 1G RAM (EDO - it's 4 years old).

    They have newer boards with 6 PCI (64 bit, 66 MHz) + 1 AGP slot. Their
    boards are very high quality - though you'll pay for the reliability in

    Stephen Wille Padnos
    Programmer, Engineer, Problem Solver

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:22.012 seconds]