    SubjectRe: APIC usb MPS 1.4 and the 2.4.2 kernel
    On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:49:54PM -0500, Pete Toscano wrote:
    > Very interesting. I had not heard about this. Are there any SMP boards
    > with a VIA chipset that does work well with Linux and USB? I have an
    > old P2B-DS that I had replace with this board as I needed more PCI
    > slots. Heck, for that matter are there any SMP boards that work well
    > with Linux and USB that have six or more PCI slots?

    If you really want USB to work in APIC mode on the Tiger 133 board,
    spend $25 on a USB pci card. That should work just fine :)

    > > But, Linux does seem to run just fine with USB and SMP in the noapic
    > > mode, which is a lot better than Win2000 can say, as it doesn't even
    > > support the VIA USB chipset on this board at all :)
    > How would this express itself? I recently upgraded from WinME to Win2k
    > and it all _seems_ to be working well. Where would I look to verify
    > this?

    All I know is this:
    as I've not run Win2000 on this machine, thankfully....

    Also the message board at:
    is full of comments about the VIA chipsets and the difficulties of
    getting them to work properly under Windows.

    > Thanks for the info and the update.

    No problem, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner with this.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.053 / U:20.132 seconds]