SubjectRe: Rename all derived CONFIG variables
> Not only do I think that CONFIG_xxx_DERIVED needlessly extends the name
> of derived vars, but your patch does not belong in a stable series.
> Derived CONFIG_xxx vars are likely to be referenced in source. Changing
> those vars in the middle of a stable series pointlessly breaks external
> source code.
>
> I hope vendors don't start applying this patch...

I dont see them doing that. I'm not going to be applying it for -ac either.
It would appear that this is a wrong way to fix the problem.

The config option checker should be scanning for define_*** options and
removing them from its output

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.325 / U:0.048 seconds]