    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.4.1 on RHL 6.2
    In article <>,
    Stephen "M." Williams <> wrote:
    >Make sure you have the following symlinks in your /usr/include
    >directory, assuming you're on an x86 machine:
    >asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/
    >linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/

    Note! You only have to have those symlinks on broken systems such
    as Redhat.

    Sane systems such as Debian have a copy of the kernel header files
    that the C library was compiled against in /usr/include/{linux,asm}
    instead of symlinks to the kernel source. Do not play the symlink
    trick on those systems.

    Before this turns into a flamewar: this has been discussed 20 or
    so times before, and both Linus and the glibc developers agree
    that you a distribution should do the latter. The headers you use
    to compile userland binaries should be the same as the C library
    was compiled against.

    If you need to compile a standalone module use -I/usr/src/linux/include

    Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay (and
    quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the question).
    -- seen in a .sig somewhere

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:5.772 seconds]