    SubjectRe: What is 2.4 Linux networking performance like compared to BSD?
    <snip stuff about someone using linux for a web cache>

    Alan Cox wrote:
    > The extreme answer to the 2.4 networking performance is the tux specweb
    > benchmarks but they dont answer for all cases clearly.

    However, I think you've hit the nail on the head here; much of tux is
    just general-purpose network file-blasting. The right hacker could turn
    it into the fastest web-cache on the planet with the right modules. I
    believe Ingo already did a basic ftp server based on tux, just to
    demonstrate this generality.

    Ingo? Am I crazy or enlightened?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.019 / U:15.552 seconds]