    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Animated framebuffer logo for 2.4.1
    remember this will only affect those who use the frambuffer console
    anyway. I for one never use frambuffer for my servers so it won't affect
    the important machines anyway :-)

    and for the desktop market, the idea of a pretty logo with the details a
    keystroke away is not unreasonable

    David Lang

    On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Helge Hafting wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:21:52 +0100
    > From: Helge Hafting <helgehaf@idb.hist.no>
    > To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    > Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Animated framebuffer logo for 2.4.1
    >

    > christophe barbe wrote:
    >
    > > Moreover there is no need to be ignorant. With LPP, messages are displayed during the boot process and if something goes wrong an little picture inform you. And you can switch to the classic console when you want (by a simple CTRL-ALT-F2).
    >
    > Interesting. Stuff that makes linux look good is good, but please
    > make it optional. (Perhaps a kernel parameter, boot=pretty)
    > Simple users can have their pretty boot, but some of us think
    > the text console is cool too. Much like having one of those
    > cars with a plexiglass hood so anybody may admire the
    > fancy engine.
    >
    > Helge Hafting
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.023 / U:0.984 seconds]