    SubjectRe: [reiserfs-list] ReiserFS Oops (2.4.1, deterministic, symlink related)
    On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > In an __init function, have some code that will trigger the bug.
    > > This can be used to disable Reiserfs if the compiler was bad.
    > > Then the admin gets a printk() and the Reiserfs mount fails.
    >
    > Thats actually quite doable. I'll see about dropping the test into -ac that
    > way.

    It would actually be nice to have a whole collect of compiler tests in the
    kernel; whenever we fall over a compiler bug add the test and leave it in.
    Possibly as a separate block of the code.

    One thing to remember is not to test for compiler versions; versions which
    cause problems on x86 might work fine on real systems and the otherway
    round.

    Dave

    | Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Work:dg@px.uk.com +44-161-286-2000 Ex258|
    | Home: dave@treblig.org http://www.treblig.org |