    SubjectRe: [Kiobuf-io-devel] RFC: Kernel mechanism: Compound event wait

    On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Roman Zippel wrote:

    > > int nr_buffers:
    > > struct buffer *array;
    > >
    > > should be the low-level abstraction.
    > Does it has to be vectors? What about lists?

    I'd prefer to avoid lists unless there is some overriding concern, like a
    real implementation issue. But I don't care much one way or the other -
    what I care about is that the setup and usage time is as low as possible.
    I suspect arrays are better for that.

    I have this strong suspicion that networking is going to be the most
    latency-critical and complex part of this, and the fact that the
    networking code wanted arrays is what makes me think that arrays are the
    right way to go. But talk to Davem and ank about why they wanted vectors.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.020 / U:10.232 seconds]