    SubjectRe: [Kiobuf-io-devel] RFC: Kernel mechanism: Compound event wait
    > OK, this is exactly where we have a problem: I can see too many cases
    > where we *do* need to know about completion stuff at a fine
    > granularity when it comes to disk IO (unlike network IO, where we can
    > usually rely on a caller doing retransmit at some point in the stack).

    Ok so whats wrong with embedded kiovec points into somethign bigger, one
    kmalloc can allocate two arrays, one of buffers (shared with networking etc)
    followed by a second of block io completion data.

    Now you can also kind of cast from the bigger to the smaller object and get
    the right result if the kiovec array is the start of the combined allocation

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.019 / U:10.040 seconds]