    SubjectRe: [reiserfs-list] ReiserFS Oops (2.4.1, deterministic, symlink related)
    Thus spake J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es):
    > > How about a simple patch to the top level makefile that checks the gcc
    > > version then prints a distinct message ..'this compiler hasn't been approved
    > > for compiling the kernel', sleeping for one second, then continuing on. This
    > > solution doesn't stop compiling and makes a visible indicator without forcing
    > > anything.
    > Or a config option like CONFIG_TRUSTED_COMPILER, and everyone that wants
    > can bracket his code in 'if [ $TRUSTED = "y" ] ... fi', so if some driver-fs
    > fails with untrusted compilers it is just not selectable.

    What kind of crap is this?
    It is not the kernel's job to work around RedHat bugs.
    If RedHat ships a broken compiler, it is their responsibility to tell
    their customers and provide a working one.

    This kind of compatibility crap has caused commercial Unices to
    suffocate in their own bloat. We don't need this. And we don't want
    this.

    Felix

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:4.094 / U:0.084 seconds]