SubjectRe: ISO-8859-1 completeness of kernel fonts?
Thorsten Glaser Geuer wrote:
> I always do it by a BASIC programme under DOS (yep I know
> this isn't pure but I have a font editor from S-DOS aka
> PTS-DOS (the free version)). The SFE.COM allows me to design
> 8x8 8x12 8x14 8x16 fonts; the unicode table I write in the
> MC or VC (NC clone for DOS) editor; my BASIC pgm converts
> them together to PSFU. It's very easy once you read the psf
> docs.
> It's a pity that I've to mkfs the DOS partitions of my HDDs
> every handfull of weeks, otherwise I'd put them onto a ftp
> server somewhere. But I call you to try it by yourself.
> (perl prolly isn't that easy coz it goes to binary values,
> but GW-BASIC is fine)

I published a DOS-based PSF editor a long, long time ago (look for
fontedit.exe; if it isn't on the net anywhere remind me and I'll put it
back up.) Use psfaddtable then to combine it into PSFU.

However, having something running under Linux would make more sense.

<> at work, <> in private!