    SubjectRe: ISO-8859-1 completeness of kernel fonts?
    Thorsten Glaser Geuer wrote:
    > I always do it by a BASIC programme under DOS (yep I know
    > this isn't pure but I have a font editor from S-DOS aka
    > PTS-DOS (the free version)). The SFE.COM allows me to design
    > 8x8 8x12 8x14 8x16 fonts; the unicode table I write in the
    > MC or VC (NC clone for DOS) editor; my BASIC pgm converts
    > them together to PSFU. It's very easy once you read the psf
    > docs.
    > It's a pity that I've to mkfs the DOS partitions of my HDDs
    > every handfull of weeks, otherwise I'd put them onto a ftp
    > server somewhere. But I call you to try it by yourself.
    > (perl prolly isn't that easy coz it goes to binary values,
    > but GW-BASIC is fine)

    I published a DOS-based PSF editor a long, long time ago (look for
    fontedit.exe; if it isn't on the net anywhere remind me and I'll put it
    back up.) Use psfaddtable then to combine it into PSFU.

    However, having something running under Linux would make more sense.

    <> at work, <> in private!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:39.960 seconds]