    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.4.2 - kernel BUG at apic.c:220!
    On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Manfred Spraul wrote:

    > > kernel BUG at apic.c:220!
    > >From apic.c:
    > <<<<<<<<<<<
    >
    > /*
    > * Double-check wether this APIC is really registered.
    > */
    > if (!test_bit(GET_APIC_ID(apic_read(APIC_ID)),
    > &phys_cpu_present_map))
    > BUG();
    > >>>>>>>>>>>
    > Really odd. That's usually a sign of a bad MP table.
    >
    > Could you check your BIOS settings for an entry MP, or MPS, or
    > Multiprocessor Table?
    > Usually the options are 1.1 and 1.4 - just try the other one.

    This is a single CPU system, not dual. The kernel is compiled for a
    single CPU system as well.

    Looking at .config, I notice that Processor family is set to
    Pentium-Pro/Celeron/Pentium-II. I could have *sworn* I changed that
    before compiling. Could that cause the problem I'm seeing?

    In any case, I'll try to get some time early next week to try the patch -
    this is, unfortunately, a work machine, and as such, needs to work, even
    if I go with 2.2.x. :)

    I'll let you know when I can try out the patch.