    SubjectRe: Linux stifles innovation...
    On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Augustin Vidovic wrote:

    > 1- GPL code is the opposite of crap

    By saying this, you are implying that all pieces of code released under
    the GPL are 'good' pieces of code. I can give you several examples of code
    where this is not the case; several I have written for my own use, as a
    matter of fact.

    Software is only as 'good' as the effort the programmer who wrote it put
    into it. Spend an hour writing a device driver while watching TV, eating
    food, and after a couple dozen beers, and release it under the GPL. Is it
    good code? probably not. :p

    This isn't, however, to say that I think commercial code is better than
    GPL code... They both have their merits and deficiencies, so I value both
    equally based upon this (although all software *should* be free...)

    Just my .02.

    Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
    Software Engineer
    Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771