SubjectRe: Linux stifles innovation...
On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Augustin Vidovic wrote:

> 1- GPL code is the opposite of crap

By saying this, you are implying that all pieces of code released under
the GPL are 'good' pieces of code. I can give you several examples of code
where this is not the case; several I have written for my own use, as a
matter of fact.

Software is only as 'good' as the effort the programmer who wrote it put
into it. Spend an hour writing a device driver while watching TV, eating
food, and after a couple dozen beers, and release it under the GPL. Is it
good code? probably not. :p

This isn't, however, to say that I think commercial code is better than
GPL code... They both have their merits and deficiencies, so I value both
equally based upon this (although all software *should* be free...)

Just my .02.

Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
Software Engineer
Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771