Subject[OT] Re: Money stifles innovation
On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:47:10PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 brian@worldcontrol.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 12:57:14AM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > The XOR patent and the fraudulent enforcement of it is the purest
> > > embodiment of everything that is wrong with the patent system and IP law.
> > As a person with a some decades of experience with patents and
> > trademarks, and playing among the various sides, I can state
> > quite unequivocally that the problem is money.
>
> Actually the problem is lack of morals and bad people who are really evil
> at the core (you wouldnt want them for your neighbor).

Actually, it's because we've made it illegal to corporations to behave
ethically when it conflicts with short-term shareholder profits.

http://www.ratical.com/corporations/

It would be nice if it were so simple as to declare the involved parties as
evil.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans