    Subjectcrash 5/5 w/ memtest86
    After getting several segfaults running fetchmail, I tried memtest86 for
    the first time on my PC (Celeron 500, i810m/b from e-machines). Five out
    of five tries from two different floppy disks crashed at 6% into test 1.
    I suspected a new PC133 memory stick, but the test failed at the same
    point without it. My system has run fine with this for at least five
    days, I only noticed a problem after an oops last night, after upgrading
    to the 2.4.2-pre3 kernel yesterday morning.
    Is there any other way to test whether this may be a memory problem or
    something else, besides gettig more ram or a different motherboard?
    I do have an strace of one SIGSEGV from a fetchmail run, if it might

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.021 / U:29.896 seconds]