    SubjectRe: 2.4.x SMP blamed for Xfree 4.0 crashes

    On 13-Feb-2001 David Woodhouse wrote:
    > The crashes got less frequent when I started running X against
    > glibc-2.1
    > (note _running_ against glibc-2.1, not just compiling against it
    > and running
    > against glibc-2.2). But they were still happening.

    I'm running RH6.2 with glibc-2.1.3-22

    > In the week or so since killing xscreensaver, neither of the boxen
    > on which
    > I was seeing this have fallen over. Another box on which I killed
    > xscreensaver but didn't run X against glibc-2.1 is still suffering,
    > albeit
    > less frequently.

    Yes, a number of the xscreensaver modules cause XFree to crash - they
    always have. I have previously tested them all and disabled the ones
    that crash Xfree.

    But, under 2.4 I have had X crash whilst I've been using it - which
    didn't happen under 2.2.

    > Looks like two separate bugs - I see no reason to expect that
    > there's only
    > one such bug causing X to fall over :)

    It's a good premise :-)

    -tony

    ---
    E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@syntax.dera.gov.uk>
    I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.
    -- Gilda Radner

    The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
    and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
    any other person or official body.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:59.760 seconds]