    SubjectRe: lkml subject line
    > On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
    > >Is there a mail reader nowadays that doesn't let you do some sort of
    > >filtering?
    >
    > He uses Elm, which as far as I know is obsolete, unmaintained and
    > full of bugs and even has Y2K problems. That is the last I heard
    > anyway. Alan Cox would likely know more, and has perhaps even
    > fixed Elm.

    Elm has maintainers it has the bugs fixed, it just doesnt want to evolve
    any further. Rumours of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

    > PINE is virtually everywhere, and is a good elm replacement,
    > having been initially based on the elm code... (PINE==Pine Is Not
    > Elm)

    I've played with both pine and mutt. mutt is by the better mail system IMHO,
    but pine has an easier learning curve.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:0.188 seconds]