    SubjectRe: lkml subject line
    On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mike Harrold wrote:

    >> Use procmail, that's what it's there for (and it won't affect your mail
    >> reader, as long as you're using something reasonably sensible). I filter
    >> on Sender.
    >Maybe I don't *want* the LKML messages in a seperate folder.
    >Maybe I just want to identify them at a pinch in my inbox?
    >Maybe my employer doesn't allow me to install additional software anyway?

    Maybe you're just being unreasonable for the sake of trolling.
    Nobody is going to change this list to do [LKML], and this topic
    comes up at least once every 6 months. Matti and Dave run the
    list and it has been stated it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

    If you use procmail, you can filter lkml into a folder. If you
    want to have it in one folder, use the search feature of your
    mailreader to sort by header line (Sender) or else use procmail
    and formail to INSERT the [lkml] thing to the subject line

    procmail is installed on probably 99.9999999999999% of all
    machines in existance. If it isn't on yours and your employer
    will not install it, I'll be REALLY surprised.

    Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Free Software advocate
    This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
    Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
    Looking for Linux software?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.040 / U:62.996 seconds]