    SubjectRe: Linux/Pro -- clusters
    > > major/minors for old stuff still end up leaking into user space and
    > > mattering there. I'm not sure the best option for that
    > Thta's no problem. But they should be used as hash values no the
    > syscall implementation level and nowhere else.

    We have apps that "know" about specific major/minors that need changing and
    will take time - also some of them are closed source so unfixable.

    For new stuff that bit isnt an issue, although ioctl overlaps mean we have
    some other problems to worry about there

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.061 / U:0.864 seconds]