    SubjectRe: horrible disk thorughput on itanium
    Date
    In article <9upmqm$7p4$1@penguin.transmeta.com>,
    Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:
    > Isn't somebody ashamed of glibc and willing to try to fix it? It might
    > be as simple as just testing a static flag "have I used pthread_create"
    > or even a function pointer that gets switched around at pthread_create..

    As the person who started this thread, I'll say that I'm willing to
    test new alternatives, Redhat engineers gave me a newer kernel to see
    if it helped (it didn't) and if someone can give me (or point me to) a
    glibc with better io I'm glad.

    Right now I have to explain to my boss why my $4K pentium computers do
    io faster than my $20K itanium computer. And since our major software
    code is 3rd party, we can't rewrite the appilcation.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.022 / U:59.812 seconds]