SubjectRe: release() locking
Andrew Morton wrote:

>"Udo A. Steinberg" wrote:
>
>>Hi Andrew,
>>
>>According to Linus' 2.5.1-pre changelog, the release locking changes
>>introduced in -pre5 are your work. Those changes, however, seem to
>>break the keyboard driver:
>>
>>keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)
>>
>>Other people (i.e. Mike Galbraith) have been experiencing the same.
>>
>wasntmeididntdoit
>
>>Do you have an updated patch which fixes those issues? -pre6 still
>>contains the same stuff as -pre5 and if it's broken then Linus should
>>probably back it out.

I'm responsible for the release locking changes. But, I don't think
that the problems are a result of those changes. There have been some
other patches that might have caused the problem. Take a look at this
thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=100745930928683&w=2

Jens Axboe posted a patch. I asked him:
> So, what was the actual problem?
bio_alloc() not waiting on the reserved pool for free entries, even
though __GFP_WAIT was set. No need for __GFP_IO in that case too.

Udo, did you apply the patch that Jens sent?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.056 / U:0.040 seconds]