    SubjectRe: SMP/cc Cluster description
    On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:44:03AM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    > I'm taking mercy on people and trimming down the cc: list ...
    > >> What I don't like about the approach is the fact that all nodes should
    > >> share the same file system. One (at least IMHO) does not want this for
    > >> at least /etc.
    > >
    > > Read through my other postings, I said that things are private by
    > > default.
    > So if I understand you correctly, you're saying you have a private /etc for
    > each instance of the sub-OS. Doesn't this make management of the system
    > a complete pig? And require modifying many user level tools?

    My pay job is developing a distributed source management system which works
    by replication. We already have users who put all the etc files in it and
    manage them that way. Works great. It's like rdist except it never screws
    up and it has merging.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.040 seconds]