    SubjectRe: kernel: ldt allocation failed
    This problem is very familiar.  It was fixed in an -ac patch against
    2.4.9 (although I don't recall the exact one), and is included in
    subsequent Linus kernels. Without this fix, I experienced similar
    problems with X on multiprocessor workstations.

    Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber _at_ ix.netcom.com)