SubjectRe: 2.4.x 2.5.x wishlist
joeja@mindspring.com wrote:

> I tried the patch on your site against 2.4.14, it helped, system still hung...

Damn. Lost interrupt is outside my code. This lives in the ide driver
proper and is probably relative toi the via82cxxx specific controller
code that is deep voodoo from Andre. I guess Andre/Jens have not found
all the *funnies* in the buggy chipset.

> hdd lost interrupt
>
> is there buffereing done in data transfers to disks?

Yes, but at the FS level, not in clever driver level stuff.

--

Paul

Email:
paul@paulbristow.net