    SubjectRe: 2.4.x 2.5.x wishlist
    joeja@mindspring.com wrote:

    > I tried the patch on your site against 2.4.14, it helped, system still hung...

    Damn. Lost interrupt is outside my code. This lives in the ide driver
    proper and is probably relative toi the via82cxxx specific controller
    code that is deep voodoo from Andre. I guess Andre/Jens have not found
    all the *funnies* in the buggy chipset.

    > hdd lost interrupt
    >
    > is there buffereing done in data transfers to disks?

    Yes, but at the FS level, not in clever driver level stuff.

    --

    Paul

    Email:
    paul@paulbristow.net
    Web:
    http://paulbristow.net
    ICQ:
    11965223

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.022 / U:2.060 seconds]