    SubjectRe: 2.4.x 2.5.x wishlist wrote:

    > I tried the patch on your site against 2.4.14, it helped, system still hung...

    Damn. Lost interrupt is outside my code. This lives in the ide driver
    proper and is probably relative toi the via82cxxx specific controller
    code that is deep voodoo from Andre. I guess Andre/Jens have not found
    all the *funnies* in the buggy chipset.

    > hdd lost interrupt
    > is there buffereing done in data transfers to disks?

    Yes, but at the FS level, not in clever driver level stuff.

    > I.E. if I cp to a drive is the data transfered right away or is there a delay?
    >>I have a patch out, and am trying to convince Marcelo to include it. I
    >>*DO* know about this as I get lots of the mail complaining about it. > If
    >>you are suffering, please try with the patch

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:0.548 seconds]