    SubjectRe: SMP/cc Cluster description [was Linux/Pro]
    > We don't agree on any of these points.  Scaling to a 16 way SMP pretty much
    > ruins the source base, even when it is done by very careful people.

    I'd say that the normal current limit on SMP machines is 8 way.
    But you're right, we don't agree. Time will tell who was right.
    When I say I'm interested in 16 way scalability, I'm not talking about
    SMP, so perhaps we're talking at slightly cross purposes.

    > Seriously, I went through this at SGI, that's exactly what they did, and it
    > was a huge mistake and it never worked.

    You seem to make this odd logical deduction quite a bit - you (or company X)
    has tried concept X before. Their implementation didn't work. Therefore the
    concept is bad. It's not particularly convincing as an argument style to others.
    But I understand that it makes *you* want to try something else.

    Martin.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:4.194 / U:0.148 seconds]