SubjectRe: i810 audio patch
Nathan Bryant wrote:

> Doug Ledford wrote:
>> Yes, on underrun the DAC is stopped and dmabuf->enable is cleared.
>> That's clearly a bug in this case. However, it should only cause your
>> problem if you are in fact getting an underrun. Anyway, here's a
>> proposed fix you can try to see if that's what's causing the problem:
> [snip]
> That works.

OK, good. I've fixed another bug related to MMAPed stuff (for the
people that like to play Quake on these sound cards). I've put up a
0.08 version of the file on my web page. If people could please verify
that this version works for them I would appreciate it. Once I've
gotten a few "It works here" reports and no "It blew my computer up"
reports, I'll submit it to Marcello and Linus so we can finally get
these things working a bit more reliably.
Highlights of this release:

Fix GETOPTR and GETIPTR (thinko/typo in an if statement)
Fix i810_poll() (side effect of fixing overrun/underrun handling in 0.06)
Make handling of dmabuf->trigger more consistent throughout the source code

Doug Ledford <>
Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before
e-mailing me about problems