SubjectRe: bug ?
On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:09:52 +0100
Klaus Zerwes <kzerwes@web.de> wrote:

> My PC hangs sporadicaly (every 2 weeks) after heavy Network traffic.
> I tried to work around the problem by changing the NIC (dmfe >
> realtek, using new driver 8139too), but it din't help.

Hm, I think I saw something the like. The configuration was basically SuSE 7.3
(with 2.4.10-whatever kernel) and two Realtek cards in a not-trusted cheap box.
I saw a good amount of collisions on the network, too. I replaced the Realteks
with DLink and the kernel with 2.4.16 and it did not happen again, although the
network collisions stayed the same. I tend to think it is the old kernel, but I
don't like Realtek cards anyway, so I threw them out in one go.

Tell us if it happens again with 2.4.17, or if you are sure it does not,
declare it as solved.

Regards,
Stephan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans