SubjectRe: Why would a valid DVD show zero files on Linux?
Alan Cox wrote:

> > Does anyone want the first few K of this DVD to see why the autodetection
> > is not working better? Do you want me to upgrade past Kernel 2.4.2-2 first?
> > Is RedHat 7.2's kernel good enough?
>
> The autodetection is working. Your DVD has a UDF file system on it and a
> blank iso9660 one.

Understood. However, why can't that combination "just work"? Changing
/etc/fstab every time I switch between sticking in a CD-ROM and DVD-ROM is not cool.
Certainly that "other operating system" does not make me do that.

A disk with a blank iso9660 plus a full UDF ought to automatically mount UDF, no?
How hard would that be to detect?

-Bryce

PS: I manually mount anyway, and only have two DVD-ROMs, so it's not such a
big deal for me. But as DVD rom becomes more popular it could get inconvienent.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:2.564 / U:1.412 seconds]