    SubjectRe: State of the new config & build system
    On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Having per-function comment blocks, in contrast, makes sense to have
    > inline:
    > - you read the comment when you read the function
    > - you might even update the comment when you update the function
    > - you have a reasonable 1:1 relationship.

    Personally I'd like to see each C file have a header like
    this too, describing in a few lines what the functions in
    this file are supposed to do.

    This should make it easier for people to figure out not just
    what each C file is about, but also if they should spend their
    time wading through this particular C file when in search of
    some piece of code.

    Shortwave goes a long way: #swl

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:6.196 seconds]