    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
    > It never shows up in the maintainer's inbox, leaving them more time to
    > address the remainder. And fewer of the increasingly bitter complaints of
    > dropped patches.

    Most mangled diffs I get are caused by pine. Fixing pine would do more
    wonders than any magical patchbot. I also get patches and changes from
    people who quite genuinely either can't mail me unmangled diffs (eg the
    lotus corporate mail policy afflicted) or are from people who may really
    know their stuff and even be the vendor but are not familiar with the
    patch/diff tools. A robot isn't going to teach them.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.041 / U:0.040 seconds]