    SubjectRe: State of the new config & build system
    Legacy Fishtank <>:
    > For single-file drivers, I like Becker's (correct credit?) system...
    > about 10 lines of metadata is embedded in a C comment, and it includes
    > the and info.

    I proposed implementing something like this about a year ago (to
    replace the nasty centralized knowledge in the MAINTAINERS and CREDITS
    files) and was shot down.

    I'd be happy to take another swing at this problem once the kbuild-2.5/CML2
    transition is done. But I don't think we should let it block us from
    having the good results we can get from that change.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
    will make violent revolution inevitable."
    -- John F. Kennedy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:10.064 seconds]