    SubjectDoes the F--king via 82c686b record at all!!!!!!!!
    I have posted before about not being able to record on the VIA 82c686B
    Southbridge chip. I never got it to record using the kernel
    via82cxxx_audio. I sent emails to the maintainer at mandrake just to
    find out if the driver was capable of recording. Nothing.

    I did hear from about 3-4 others with the same problem, plays ok, just
    can't record. Records perfectly under Windows.

    Ok, I go to alsa and get the 5.12a drivers and install them. Guess what
    plays everything ok, but no f--king record. Only difference is instead
    of playback being squewks and squawks, it is silence. According to the
    docs on via's site the alsa driver record should work.

    So, DOES ANYBODY HAVE RECORD CAPABILITIES USING THE VIA 82C686B
    And if so could you contact me so I might be able to find out the
    problem I have here.

    I have a DFI AC74-EC Via KT133 chipset mobo.
    Linux 2.4.16

    I apologize for using the strong language. But, I hope it will get the
    attention of somebody who might be able to actually help.

    --
    Jeff
    piercejhsd009@earthlink.net