SubjectRe: ISA core vs. ISA card support
Alan Cox <>:
> > Thanks, that's helpful. I'll introduce an ISA_SLOTS private symbol, then.
> > Later perhaps we can actually make this distinction in C code; sounds
> > like it would be a good idea.
> There is no value to it in the kernel. ISA bus and magic that looks like
> ISA bus but is welded to the motherboard look the same anyway

OK, noted.

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love"