    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > came out, and emailed me when the patch no longer applies.
    >
    > ... or compiles, or applies with an offset

    Good.

    We actually talked inside Transmeta about doing a lot of this automation
    centralized (and OSDL took up some of that idea), but yes, from a resource
    usage sanity standpoint this is something that _trivially_ can be done at
    the sending side, and thus scales out perfectly (while trying to do it at
    the receiving end requires some _mondo_ hardware that definitely doesn't
    scale, especially for the "compiles cleanly" part).

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.021 / U:35.204 seconds]