    SubjectRe: 2.4.x kernels, big ide disks and old bios
    > bios only supports disks up to 32 Gb.
    > hard disk is 60 Gb.

    What I'm using is change the geometry after the boot and before any
    partition besides root is mounted, I do this at the beginning of by calling "/sbin/setmax -d 0 /dev/hda" but you can do it on
    your own script or where ever you want, just taking care that it is done
    befor any FS that goes above the 32gigs is accessed.

    Setmax is a small program that I downloaded from the net, sorry, I don't
    remember where did I download it from or his author, but it was posted to
    this list some time ago, I have a version for the 2.4 kernel at

    This works ok for me, of course you can have other solutions.

    Manty/BestiaTester ->

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:34.004 seconds]