    SubjectRe: Changing KB, MB, and GB to KiB, MiB, and GiB in Configure.help.
    Hi!

    > > This change came as a patch from David Woodhouse. I think the new
    > > abbreviations are awful ugly, myself, but they do have the virtue of
    > > not being ambiguous. So I swallowed hard and took the patch.
    > >

    > This could even have the nice side effect of teaching something to Linux
    > newbies (mainly the fact that the difference between 2^10 and 10^3
    > matters in some areas). I see 2 cases :
    >
    > - already encountered the kiB/MiB/GiB notation and understood the
    > meaning: no problem if we take out of the equation the aesthetic of the
    > abreviations.

    Heh, is it kiB or KiB? Anyway, I guess yes MiB units should be used.
    We already have them in dmesg output. (And btw it confused me because
    it reported *disk size* in MiB.... So I assumed MiB must be 10e6).

    Pavel
    --
    Philips Velo 1: 1"x4"x8", 300gram, 60, 12MiB, 40bogomips, linux, mutt,