    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.17
    Date
    On December 21, 2001 08:44 pm, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Dan Kegel wrote:
    >
    > > Marcelo wrote:
    > >
    > > > Well,
    > > >
    > > > Here it is...
    > > >

    > > > final:
    > > >
    > > > - Fix more loopback deadlocks (Andrea Arcangeli)
    > > > - Make Alpha with Nautilus chipset and
    > > > Irongate chipset configuration compile
    > > > correctly (Michal Jaegermann)
    > > >
    > > > rc2:
    > > >
    > > > - Fix potential oops with via-rhine (Andrew Morton)
    > > > - sysvfs: mark inodes as bad in case of read
    > >
    > > Um, what happened to the idea of 'no changes between the last
    > > release candidate and final'?
    >
    > I haven't said that, did I?
    >
    > I said I would make -rc kernels which would not add any new _feature_.

    I'll weigh in on this one, basically a "me too". The only changelog entry I
    find unsettling is "Fix more loopback deadlocks" and all I have to say about
    it is: remember what happened when Al fixed the iput bug. I'm not suggesting
    that there was no basic idiot testing - I'm practically certain you did some
    yourself, but it would have been oh-so-nice to have an rc3 that lived for at
    least a short time on the kernel list before going to final.

    By the way, great job managing this first major point release (2.4.16 doesn't
    really count ;-).

    --
    Daniel