SubjectRe: editorial policy
Eric S. Raymond writes:
> David Garfield <>:
> > Another option: maybe the choice of KB vs KiB vs KKB should be a
> > configuration choice.
> You *must* be joking.
> Please tell me you're joking.

No, I'm serious. I will understand if CML2 does not support
meta-configuration. A configuration choice as I described above could
be viewed as a minor facet of a language configuration choice.
(Should kernel configuration be internationalized or at least

Choice of kB vs KB vs KiB vs KKB could also be used in some places in
the kernel. For instance, /proc/meminfo currently shows "kB".