    SubjectRe: editorial policy
    David Garfield <>:
    > Eric S. Raymond writes:
    > > Please tell me you're joking.
    > No, I'm serious. I will understand if CML2 does not support
    > meta-configuration. A configuration choice as I described above could
    > be viewed as a minor facet of a language configuration choice.
    > (Should kernel configuration be internationalized or at least
    > internationalizable?)
    > Choice of kB vs KB vs KiB vs KKB could also be used in some places in
    > the kernel. For instance, /proc/meminfo currently shows "kB".

    What, and *encourage* non-uniform terminology? No, I won't do that.
    Better to have a single standard set of abbreviations, no matter how
    ugly, than this.

    The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
    bribe the people with their own money.
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:42.296 seconds]