SubjectRe: Configure.help editorial policy
David Garfield <garfield@irving.iisd.sra.com>:
> Eric S. Raymond writes:
> > Please tell me you're joking.
>
> No, I'm serious. I will understand if CML2 does not support
> meta-configuration. A configuration choice as I described above could
> be viewed as a minor facet of a language configuration choice.
> (Should kernel configuration be internationalized or at least
> internationalizable?)
>
> Choice of kB vs KB vs KiB vs KKB could also be used in some places in
> the kernel. For instance, /proc/meminfo currently shows "kB".

What, and *encourage* non-uniform terminology? No, I won't do that.
Better to have a single standard set of abbreviations, no matter how
ugly, than this.

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
bribe the people with their own money.
-- Alexis de Tocqueville