    SubjectRe: Changing KB, MB, and GB to KiB, MiB, and GiB in
    On Thursday 20 December 2001 11:00 am, Dave Jones wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Randolph Bentson wrote:
    > > I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. Not enough people
    > > know that KB stands for 1000B. I know through experience that
    > > KB is often used for 1024B. The introduction of KiB makes it
    > > clear that 1024B is intended.
    > Given the confusion its raised in this thread already, this strikes
    > me as a particularly bad change. Some of those definitions in
    > have been there for the better part of 10 years

    My *mind* has had those definitions hard-coded for the better part of 8
    years. This is only going to serve to confuse newcomers (and for that
    matter, anyone who doesn't read this thread.)

    to: linux-kernel
    from: Joe Newbie[1-areallyfrigginbignumber]
    date: mid-2.5 continuing well beyond any foreseeable date.
    message: "What's a GiB? And why are the Men in Black taking over the

    I leave you with that thought.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.023 / U:11.668 seconds]