SubjectRe: aio
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:

> What I'm saying is that for more people to play with it, it needs to be
> more widely available. The set of developers that read linux-kernel and
> linux-aio aren't giving much feedback. I do not expect the code to go
> into 2.5 at this point in time. All I need is a set of syscall numbers
> that aren't going to change should this implementation stand up to the
> test of time.

It would be nice to have a cooperation between glibc and the kernel to
have syscalls mapped by name, not by number.
With name->number resolved by crtbegin.o reading a public kernel table
or accessing a fixed-ID kernel map function and filling a map.
So if internally ( at the application ) sys_getpid has index 0, the
sysmap[0] will be filled with the id retrieved inside the kernel by
looking up "sys_getpid".
Eat too spicy today ?

- Davide

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans