    SubjectRe: aio
    On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:

    > What I'm saying is that for more people to play with it, it needs to be
    > more widely available. The set of developers that read linux-kernel and
    > linux-aio aren't giving much feedback. I do not expect the code to go
    > into 2.5 at this point in time. All I need is a set of syscall numbers
    > that aren't going to change should this implementation stand up to the
    > test of time.

    It would be nice to have a cooperation between glibc and the kernel to
    have syscalls mapped by name, not by number.
    With name->number resolved by crtbegin.o reading a public kernel table
    or accessing a fixed-ID kernel map function and filling a map.
    So if internally ( at the application ) sys_getpid has index 0, the
    sysmap[0] will be filled with the id retrieved inside the kernel by
    looking up "sys_getpid".
    Eat too spicy today ?

    - Davide

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.020 / U:1.588 seconds]