       From: John Heil <>
    Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:57:34 +0000 ( )

    True for now, but if we want to expand linux into the enterprise and the
    desktop to a greater degree, then we need to support the Java community to
    draw them and their management in, rather than delaying beneficial
    features until their number on lkml reaches critical mass for a design

    Firstly, you say this as if server java applets do not function at all
    or with acceptable performance today. That is not true for the vast
    majority of cases.

    If java server applet performance in all cases is dependent upon AIO
    (it is not), that would be pretty sad. But it wouldn't be the first
    time I've heard crap like that. There is propaganda out there telling
    people that 64-bit address spaces are needed for good java
    performance. Guess where that came from? (hint: they invented java
    and are in the buisness of selling 64-bit RISC processors)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.021 / U:16.972 seconds]