SubjectRe: [2.4.17rc1] fatal problem: system time suddenly changes
Hello Wim,

Wim Coekaerts wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:17:09PM +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I'm running kernel 2.4.17rc1 and I detected suddenly changes of
>>systemtime. I saw it in KDE and tested it afterwards in a konsole. I
>>repeated as fast as possible the date program as following:
>>
>>This problem appears not directly after reboot but some time after
>>reboot. The time when it appears after reboot is different. I can't say
>>it's after 3 hours or 10 hours. It suddenly appears and doesn't
>>disappear. I have to reboot the system to get rid of the problem.
>>

> Does it start shortly after or during heavy disk io ?
>
> I have had this with a via chipset board as well, always occured with lots of disk io.

Yes, it's a VIA board. I thought, it could be depending on disk io. But
I have the problem without havy disk io, too.
Another thing I suspect is the memory usage: If the memory (only RAM) is
used at about one hundred percent, it seems to be more likely.
On the other hand, I can force the problem by doing some restarts of X
directly after rebooting (about ten or twenty times). The memory usage
is at this moment very low.

Regards,
Andreas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.431 / U:0.008 seconds]