SubjectRe: Copying to loop device hangs up everything

David> On 16 Dec 2001, Momchil Velikov wrote:

>> [...]
David> Thanks ;), this patch solves the problem and copying a lot of data to the
David> loop device now doesn't hang the computer.

David> Is this patch going to be applied to the stable kernel ? Marcelo ?

>> I've had exactly the same hangups with or without the patch.

David> I've tested several times after applying the loop-deadlock patch and the
David> bug seems to be fixed. No more hangups while copying a lot of data to
David> loopback devices. Post more info about your hangups, maybe is another
David> different loop device deadlock.

Maybe it's different I don't know. Looks like I've found a fix and in
a minute I'll test _without_ the Andrea's patch and post whatever
comes out of it.

Regards,
-velco

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.067 / U:0.080 seconds]