    Subject2.5.1 - intermediate bio stuff..

    I just made a 2.5.1, but I'm still concentrating on bio stuff, so don't
    bother sending me other patches unless they are serious bug-fixes to
    something else.

    2.5.1 is hopefully a good interim stage - many block drivers should work
    fine, but many more do not. However, the pre-patches were getting
    largish, so I'd rather do a 2.5.1 than wait for all the details.

    As to other stuff - note the separation of drivers for new and old tulip
    chips: if you have an old 2104x tulip chip (as opposed to the newer 2114x
    chips) the regular tulip driver doesn't work any more for you. Don't be
    surprised, select CONFIG_DE2104X.

    - Al Viro: floppy_eject cleanup, mount cleanups
    - Jens Axboe: bio updates
    - Ingo Molnar: mempool fixes
    - GOTO Masanori: Fix O_DIRECT error handling

    - Jeff Garzik: no longer support old cards in tulip driver
    (see separate driver for old tulip chips)
    - Pat Mochel: driverfs/device model documentation
    - Ballabio Dario: update eata driver to new IO locking
    - Ingo Molnar: raid resync with new bio structures (much more efficient)
    and mempool_resize()
    - Jens Axboe: bio queue locking

    - Jens Axboe: more bio stuff
    - Ingo Molnar: mempool for bio
    - Niibe Yutaka: Super-H update

    - Jeff Garzik: separate out handling of older tulip chips
    - Jens Axboe: more bio stuff
    - Anton Altaparmakov: NTFS 1.1.21 update

    - Greg KH: USB updates
    - Jens Axboe: more bio updates
    - Christoph Rohland: fix up proper shmat semantics

    - Jens Axboe: more bio fixes/cleanups/breakage ;)
    - Al Viro: superblock cleanups, boot/root mounting.

    - Jens Axboe: more bio stuff
    - Coda compile fixes
    - Nathan Laredo: stradis driver update

    - Patrick Mochel: driver model infrastructure, part 1
    - Jens Axboe: more bio fixes, cleanups
    - Andrew Morton: release locking fixes
    - Al Viro: superblock/mount handling
    - Kai Germaschewski: AVM Fritz!Card ISDN driver
    - Christoph Hellwig: make cramfs SMP-safe.

    - Jens Axboe: fix up bio highmem breakage, more cleanups
    - Greg KH: USB update

    - Al Viro: more superblock cleanups
    - Jens Axboe: more patches for new block IO layer
    - Christoph Hellwig: get rid of the old, long- deprecated SCSI error

    - Greg KH: USB update
    - Richard Gooch: refcounting for devfs
    - Jens Axboe: start of new block IO layer

    - me: README references to 2.4.x -> 2.5.x
    - Alexander Viro: fix unmount inode breakage, show_vfsmnt cleanup
    - Jeff Garzik: fix 8139too initialization

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.023 / U:13.024 seconds]