    SubjectRe: Dropped patches -> dropped bugfix 2.4 since months !
    Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Andre Hedrick wrote:
    > > Well blame that on the folks that are not taking kernel code that will
    > > allow you to solve this problem. Linus is the number one offender.
    > Linus is taking some patches and not others right now... so what? A
    > couple of my patches, isolated and clearly unrelated to bio and mochel's
    > driver work, made it in. Others got dropped.
    > I see several people (not just you Andre) whining about the dropped
    > patches, when it seems to clear to me that only a few things in specific
    > areas are getting applied right now. For you specifically, Andre, Jen's
    > patches have been slated for 2.5.x for a while, so it seems blindingly
    > obvious that he would not take your IDE patches at least until the bio
    > subsystem is finished and clean, since you IDE patches would clearly
    > depend on the bio changes.
    > I do not believe this as a personal condemnation of your patches, or
    > bcrl's, or anyone else's.
    > Patience is a virtue ;-) We have a long devel series in front of us
    > and we are only at the pre-patches to the FIRST 2.5.x release.

    Unfortunately, Andre's patch includes an important BUGFIX which must
    go into 2.4 (CompactFlash hang/IRQ storm on pcmcia-PCI adapter card).

    Despite I'm sending this bugifx for several months now it is not included yet!

    I understand Andre would like to get the whole patch accepted as I have no
    evidence he ever submitted my isolated (about 3-liner) bugfix.

    Andre, what are your plans concerning 2.4 ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:0.488 seconds]